Ingredients50 m servings 357
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix chicken, red bell pepper, red onion, sour cream, cream cheese, taco seasoning, and salt together in a large bowl. Combine black beans, hot water, and cumin in a separate bowl; roughly mash with a fork until evenly mixed.
- Layer 3 tortillas into the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish. Top tortillas with 1/2 the salsa, 1/2 the black bean mixture, and 1/2 the chicken mixture. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with chicken mixture. Sprinkle casserole with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 14.9 35.8 20.3 53 993 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Tasty casserole. I used plain cream cheese and added some chipotle powder to it.and my flour tortillas were whole wheat. quick and easy
I made it just the way the recipe called for since I had all the ingredients on hand & it came out great! I will make again & share with friends. Very yummy!!!
I added about a half cup more chicken and an extra can of black beans to the recipe. I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand so had to substitute several items but it turned out delicious!...
I could think of a hundred ways to modify this recipe, but I liked it as is. The only modifications I made were using white corn tortillas (I am gluten free) and a Mexican style cheese blend. ...