Alberta Beef Barley Stew
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 30 m servings 374
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat 2 cups water to boiling in a microwave-safe bowl, about 2 minutes. Stir beef bouillon cubes and onion soup mix into boiling water until dissolved.
- Pour bouillon mixture and remaining 4 cups water into a slow cooker; set cooker on High. Stir beef, potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Stir barley into beef mixture; continue cooking until barley is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Turn slow cooker off, remove cover, and allow to cool until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Season to taste with pepper, and for that extra special touch... why not heat up some buns in the oven and serve them warm with this meal!
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 8.4 59.2 16.6 31 585 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The recipe was okay but was lacking "stew" quality with no flavor. The problems with the recipe is that the ratio of the ingredients is off. It needs an additional amount of meat to match the am...