Ingredients30 m servings 501
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Split French bread lengthwise and tear out the soft bread from interior of loaf to hollow out; reserve bread pieces for another use.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and celery in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Stir sour cream and soup mix into beef mixture; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Fill prepared bread with mixture; lay tomato slices over meat, sprinkle evenly with cheese blend, and place filled bread on a baking sheet.
- Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the bread ingredient. The actual amount of the bread consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 501 calories; 25.1 39.8 29.3 86 1206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
Perfect easy weeknight meal served with a green salad. I added some onions and garlic because everything is better with onions and garlic!
This was great, and my husband loved it! I did have to make a few minor substitutions based on what I had on-hand, though. I used a mixture of sheep sausage and ground bear instead of the grou...
Well who knew that these ingredients would turn out so fantastic? I made as written and it was the perfect amount of flavor. The only thing that I scaled back on was the cheese. I used about a ...
04.21.17 ~ This recipe has been in my files for some time. I cooked up all the meat, but only made the opened face sandwiches for two of us. My husband used the leftovers like sloppy joes. He...
My in-laws are from Calgary so i had to try it! And my family liked it quite a bit! I didn't have celery so i added chopped onion and garlic. I was thinking maybe next time trying it with canne...
My husband and I really liked it! Full of flavor and easy to make. Great mid week quick dinner.