'Not Nanaimo Bar' Squares
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 219 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 bars)
- Grease an 8x8-inch square pan.
- Cook and stir peanut butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup together in a large pot over medium heat just until warm and well blended, about 3 minutes; remove from heat. Stir cornflakes cereal and crispy rice cereal into peanut butter mixture; press cereal mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar and custard powder together in a bowl. Whisk 1/2 cup melted margarine gradually into custard mixture. Stir warm water into custard mixture to moisten to a spreadable consistency; spread evenly over cereal mixture.
- Melt chocolate with remaining 2 tablespoons margarine in a microwave-safe bowl, about 1 minute. Pour chocolate mixture over custard layer. Refrigerate cookies until chocolate is hardened, about 30 minutes; cut into 1-inch squares.
- Cook's Note:
- Can be made gluten-free by simply substituting both cereals with gluten-free versions.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 10.6 g fat; 31.3 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 132 mg sodium. Full nutrition