Grilled Game Hens with Blood Orange and Rosemary
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 382 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (2 game hens)
- Place game hens in a large bowl; drizzle hens with olive oil and blood orange juice. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary and rosemary sprigs. Add Asian chili paste to hens; season with salt and pepper. Stir chickens in the seasonings and juice to coat. Use your fingers to loosen the skin over the breasts and spread a little of the marinade under the skin.
- Refrigerate with breast sides down for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat outdoor grill (preferably charcoal) for medium heat (one layer of coals). Drain chickens and discard marinade.
- Place chickens with breast sides down onto grill and cover with grill lid with the vents open. Cook until breast sides are evenly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Flip chickens and cook on their backs with cover (vents open) until the juices run clear, hip joints move easily, and meat is no longer pink inside. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), 30 to 35 more minutes.
- Close the grill vents on the lid halfway. Flip chickens back onto breasts, close lid, and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If you can't find blood orange juice, use regular orange juice with a little splash of pomegranate juice.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 27.9 g fat; 5.6 g carbohydrates; 26.1 g protein; 151 mg cholesterol; 330 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3