Spicy Chili-Chicken Rice
made it | 0 reviews |
"Brown rice with chopped chicken, corn with chiles, and lots of spice is baked with shredded cheese and served over shredded lettuce with chopped avocado and crunchy jicama strips."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 333 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and serrano pepper. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the cooked onion and serrano, the rice, chicken, canned corn, canned tomato sauce, chili powder and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a greased 2-quart casserole. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve rice mixture over lettuce with bell pepper, avocado, jicama and lime wedges.
- * For more flavor, try cooking your rice in chicken broth instead of water.
- ** To add more heat to this dish, use 1 to 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper or ground ancho chile pepper in place of the chili powder.
Per Serving: 333 calories; 13.4 g fat; 37.4 g carbohydrates; 17.2 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 130 mg sodium. Full nutrition