Roast Beef and Tomato Fajitas
made it | 0 reviews |
"Tender, slow-cooked shredded beef is served on warm tortillas with bell pepper strips and tomatoes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h 25 m servings 504 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat in 2-inch pieces. Place chopped onion in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Top with meat.
- Combine the 1 can undrained stewed tomatoes, the green chiles, garlic, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over meat in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a large bowl. Use two forks to pull meat apart into coarse shreds. If desired, drizzle meat with a little cooking liquid to moisten (discard remaining liquid). Cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion wedges. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender and starting to brown. Stir in the remaining can stewed tomatoes; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat** and 1/2 cup pepper mixture onto one side of each warmed tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling. Top with sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
- *To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- ** Place remaining shredded meat in airtight containers; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (or freeze for up to 3 months). If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator before using.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 504 calories; 26.9 g fat; 36.5 g carbohydrates; 28.3 g protein; 87 mg cholesterol; 530 mg sodium. Full nutrition