Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 467 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Drain canned pears, reserving syrup. Set pears aside. Combine reserved syrup and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- Place salmon on a greased broiler pan. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn, brush generously with the balsamic and syrup mixture. Broil for 2 minutes. Turn again and brush with balsamic and syrup mixture, leaving about 2 tablespoon of the mixture in the saucepan. Broil for 2 more minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add orange juice to the saucepan with the remaining balsamic and syrup. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced by half, remove from heat. Stir in orange zest and pears. To serve, divide lettuce among 4 serving plates. Top with salmon, pear mixture and toasted pecans.
- * To toast pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 26.1 g fat; 26.4 g carbohydrates; 30.4 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 133 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4