Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 394
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Spread pecans onto a baking sheet; spray pecans with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pecans are fragrant and toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, white sugar, and baking soda together in a bowl. Stir pineapple and its juice and eggs into flour mixture until batter is well mixed; fold in toasted pecans. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until icing is smooth. Frost the cooled cake using all the icing.
- Cook's Note:
- You could also add pineapples on top cake after it is topped with icing!
Per Serving: 394 calories; 16.4 59.5 4.3 54 249 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is a good cake, but there's another recipe on this site that I prefer for pineapple and pecans. Two cups of sugar for the cake seemed excessive to me, so I cut it to one, and that was more...
Been using this recipe for years.... excellent !!!! so moist and tasty... I also add coconut ..however, have never toasted pecans first...must try that next time...
The cake was super bland. I had a feeling it would be so I added about 2 tbsp butter, and 1/4 c brown sugar to the pecans to make a caramel like coating on the nuts, then sprinkled them on top ...
i just baked today this recipe and is amazed that cake with no fats/oil can taste so nice too! But I also used 1 cup of sugar only after reading the reviews...! Nice & thanks! :)