Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 763 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water and 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil to a boil in a large pot; stir in saffron rice. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onions and garlic in hot oil until lightly browned and softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken into skillet and cook until seared on all sides; add chicken broth. Bring broth to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until broth is reduced and chicken is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat. Shred chicken using two forks to pull chicken cubes apart.
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F (196 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 the rice in a layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Spoon chicken and onion mixture over rice; spread chickpeas and raisins over chicken mixture. Top with remaining rice and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven until liquid is almost completely cooked off and rice is lightly browned at the edges, about 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 763 calories; 19.9 g fat; 102.8 g carbohydrates; 45 g protein; 88 mg cholesterol; 1678 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1