Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 611
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Place potatoes and cauliflower into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender but firm, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes and cauliflower to the prepared casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer cooked onion to the potato mixture.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels and crumble over potato mixture, reserving bacon grease in skillet.
- Melt butter into bacon grease in skillet over medium-low heat; whisk flour into butter-bacon grease mixture. Gradually stir cream into flour mixture until smooth; add milk if cream sauce is too thick. Whisk half the Swiss cheese, half the mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into cream sauce until cheeses are melted.
- Pour cream sauce over potato mixture and toss to coat; top with remaining Swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and cheese is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 611 calories; 44.7 34.6 19.8 119 547 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Good recipe but directions at least for me could be changed. Why fry the onions in a separate pan in olive oil when you've got bacon grease? Fry the bacon, remove it to a paper towel, and dump...