Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 365
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir Cheddar cheese into melted butter until cheese starts to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. Add milk, egg, Italian seasoning, and black pepper to cheese mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until cheese sauce is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir orzo into cheese sauce until evenly coated.
- Spoon orzo mixture into ramekins and top each serving with bread crumbs. Place ramekins in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Allow 'mock-a-roni' to cool enough to handle ramekins without potholders, about 5 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 17.6 33.8 18.2 109 425 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1