Slow Cooker Beef Stew Al la Catherine
Ingredients8 h 20 m servings 282
- Place beef stew meat and butter into the bottom of a slow cooker. Put onion, baby carrots, potatoes, and bay leaves atop the beef.
- Stir tomato soup, water, steak sauce, and onion soup mix together in bowl; pour over the beef and vegetables in the slow cooker. Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over the mixture.
- Cook on Low 8 to 10 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- For my paleo-diet version, I use zucchini, squash, or cauliflower instead of potatoes. Strict paleo dieters or those avoiding sodium may choose to omit the onion soup mix or use only half of the packet.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 11.3 22 23.3 70 875 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Thank you thank you thank you for FINALLY resolving my unsatisfying stew saga. Myself AND my husband loved this dish - he is uber picky so that is telling you something! I realize that others t...
My family enjoyed this. I only used 1/2 a package of the onion soup mix and used 2 cans of tomato sauce instead of tomato soup - also added some beef bouillon to the water for more flavor. We wi...
I tasted it at the 8 hour mark, it was bland for My taste. 1Tbs. Salt, 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper and 1 Tbs. Dried Mexican Oregano added, and by the 10 hour mark, it had brightened up considerab...