Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 253 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Melt the butter in a 2 quart sauce pot over medium to high heat; add sausage and cook, while stirring constantly until the sausage browns (8-10 min).
- Season with sage, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in 3 Tbsp flour and continue cooking for 2 min.
- Add the whole milk and bring to a boil while constantly stirring (3 cups of milk for a thicker gravy or 4 cups for a traditional gravy). Cool and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tray with non-stick spray.
- Roll out 12 biscuits to 1/4-inch thickness, reserving the other 6. Press 12 flat biscuits into the muffin cups, making sure the biscuit is flush against the tray with no air pockets.
- Fill the biscuit pockets with about 3 tablespoons of gravy mixture.
- Cut remaining 6 biscuit circles in half. Remold each half biscuit into a small circle (top of the biscuit); roll into 1/4-inch thickness, and place on the biscuit pocket. Crimp the sides to make sure the top and cup are sealed together.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 13.2 g fat; 24.8 g carbohydrates; 8.6 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 625 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1