Sage Sausage Corn Bread Stuffing from Hatfield®
made it | 0 reviews |
Hatfield Quality Meats
"Cornbread with bacon is mixed with sage sausage and lots of veggies and herbs for a delicious, savory stuffing for turkey or pork loin."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 367 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- To make cornbread, heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large skillet over high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, chop, and set aside. Reserve bacon grease.
- Grease an 8-inch square glass baking pan with bacon grease. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine bacon, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, cream, and eggs. Add the milk mixture to the cornmeal mixture and whisk just until blended.
- Place the empty pan into the oven and heat until the bacon grease just begins to smoke. Pour in the batter and bake until the top is brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the stuffing, in a large nonstick skillet over high heat, cook sausage until slightly brown, breaking it up with a spoon, about 3 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, and peppers, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes more. Cut the corn bread into cubes and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sausage mixture until well combined. Add parsley, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix well. In a cup, whisk orange juice and eggs until well blended, then stir into stuffing.
- The stuffing can be baked off in a pan or stuffed into your turkey or pork loin.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 17.6 g fat; 37 g carbohydrates; 14.9 g protein; 145 mg cholesterol; 1195 mg sodium. Full nutrition