Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 416 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine pork ground pork and next 11 ingredients.
- Cut corners from wonton skins to form circles. Drop 1 teaspoon mixture onto middle of each skin. Gather up skin sides, letting dough pleat naturally. Lightly squeeze the middle while tapping the bottom on a flat surface so it will stand upright.
- Bring water to a boil and add wontons. Cook for 12-15 min.
- Chef Tip:
- These pork wontons are perfect for a snack, appetizers for a party, or a nice dinner. They can be prepared and frozen for use at a later date. To freeze, arrange dumplings on a baking sheet; freeze for 2 hours. Place in zip-top freezer bags; label and freeze for up to 2 months. To cook dumplings from frozen state, steam for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Alternative Cooking:
- Option two is to arrange dumplings in a bamboo steam basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 20 to 25 minutes.
- For a seared wonton, remove from water or bamboo basket and in a hot pan sear wonton in oil until it starts browning. Serve with sauces, if desired.
Per Serving: 416 calories; 8.8 g fat; 64.9 g carbohydrates; 17.7 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 997 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Just like gyoza from a restaurant. Makes a ton so I froze 1/2 the mixture and used it on another day.