Cheese Tortellini in Curried Coconut Milk
Ingredients30 m servings 451 cals
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; stir in tortellini and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a saucepan; stir in shallot and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add curry powder; cook and stir until a paste forms, about 1 minute.
- Pour vegetable broth into curry paste mixture. Stir until curry is dissolved, about 1 minute; bring to a boil. Slowly pour in coconut milk; adjust heat to return soup to a simmer.
- Stir tomato and jalapeno into soup, simmer 5 minutes more. Stir tortellini into soup; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Dried tortellini can be substituted for fresh tortellini. Green onions can be substituted for shallot.
- This will be thin, the consistency of a soup. We like the soup with more liquid, as it is so tasty. I tend to add more broth and coconut milk. Additionally the spice of the soup can be adjusted by increasing or decreasing the amount of curry and jalapenos.
Per Serving: 451 calories; 29.9 g fat; 38.7 g carbohydrates; 12 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 459 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
1.6.16 Made exactly as written and then added more curry powder and jalapeños to suit our tastes. You definitely will need the salt and pepper, as it really brings out the soup's flavor. Thi...
I normally don't alter recipes so much, but I was looking for something a little different when I ran into this recipe. I make a curry stew that's similar to this, so I decided to leave the coc...
I thought this was a fantastic recipe! I doubled it so I could share with my neighbors. I did not have shallots or jalapenos so I substituted those for minced onion and sriracha/black pepper ble...
This was delicious! My family all loved it! Will keep in my rotation for sure. I doubled the recipe but used one can of coconut milk only... all I had at home. I also added extra tortellini, a w...