Ingredients3 h 55 m servings 282 cals
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; season water with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Put potatoes in a slow cooker.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Crumble bacon and add to potatoes.
- Return skillet to medium heat and reheat bacon drippings. Cook and stir sweet onions in the drippings until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes; add garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more. Pour onion mixture over the potatoes and bacon.
- Stir vinegar, water, sugar, and salt together in a bowl; pour over the potato mixture. Stir potatoes gently to mix.
- Cook on Low, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 hours.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 6.5 g fat; 47.1 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 587 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I did not cook it in the crock pot, and it tasted great. I cooked the potatoes and added to the diced onion, bacon and garlic, which I sauted. Then I added the wet ingredients and slowly boile...
I made this for a beer tasting party with a German theme. I did not use a slow cooker but put it in the oven at 350 for about an hour. When I first tried it about 1/2 way through cooking in th...
I didn't really care for this, either hot or cold. Thanks for posting but I won't be making it again.