Ingredients30 m servings 264
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread wheat germ over a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer wheat germ to a large bowl.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and salt into wheat germ. Beat buttermilk, eggs, and oil in another bowl until smooth; pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until batter is just blended.
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 3 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 6.8 40 13.8 67 559 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
I've made this recipe often, and it is very yummy as written. I took the advise of another reviewer and added 1/4 cup of sugar. I also decreased the buttermilk to 2 1/2 cups. With the full 3 cup...
I make this recipe every Sunday. Thank you. Its great because there is room to play with it. Maybe some vanilla one week maybe some blueberries next time. They always please my family.
I liked it without any changes. My kiiiids on the other hand required some modifications. I added .5 c of sugar and used 1 cup of wheat flour and one cup of white. I plan on reducing these modif...
I added a tsp of vanilla, and a tbsp of cinnamon to sweeten it a little. I am not much of a syrup person, but I throughly enjoyed this recipe with syrup. I also tried a little vanilla Dannon Gre...
I made the buttermilk using apple cider vinegar, added 1/2 cup homemade applesauce. turned out exceptional.
Fantastic texture. Light and delicious. I made these last Sunday and they were a home run. The wheat germ I used was already toasted so it was just dump and stir. This will be my "go to" for pan...
This is a very good basic pancake recipe. I didn't have any wheat germ, so I processed 1/2 cup large flake oats to a coarse meal and added it along with 1/4 cup ground flaxseed and 1/4 cup suga...