Asian Sesame Seared or Grilled Tuna (Gluten Free)
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 487
- Whisk tamari, sesame oil, mirin, honey, vinegar, ginger, green onions, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is evenly mixed. Place tuna steaks in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread sesame seeds onto a plate. Remove tuna from marinade and discard marinade. Press tuna into sesame seeds until evenly coated.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot; cook tuna in the hot oil until cooked to desired doneness, 30 seconds to 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- Grilling option: do not coat tuna with sesame seeds! Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray for grills. Heat grill until very hot. Grill tuna on each side for 2 minutes (for medium rare).
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 27.6 14.6 42.8 65 1066 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I was planning on salt, pepper and searing the tuna I bought, but I decided to look for a recipe here instead. This was a great one. The tuna turned out great -- very tasty and savory. This is a...
Delicious! I made extra marinade and used it as a dressing with a lettuce and arugula salad
Perfect as is. Marinated two pounds of thick ahi steaks for three hours and they were delicious after grilling. Not too sweet or too salty. Nice balance of flavors.
I love grilled tuna and this was a very flavorful way to make it. I did cut back on the sesame oil because a little goes a long way-and on the honey. Otherwise I followed the recipe. Since I gri...
I made this last time I was in the Philippines. There I can buy whole fresh tuna for about $5! I couldn't find the Japanese rice wine but had everything else. It was amazing! Cooked for about 2 ...