Pattypan Squash Pancakes
Ingredients30 m servings 107
- Stir chicken stock and eggs together in a bowl; whisk baking mix into egg mixture until wet. Stir squash, onion, Parmesan cheese, and garlic into baking mix-egg mixture until batter is evenly mixed. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spoon batter, 1/4 cup per pancake, into the hot oil; cook until pancakes are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer pancakes to a brown paper bag-lined surface to drain.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any kind of squash you like: zucchini, crook neck, or patty pan.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 5.7 10.6 3.9 49 255 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
My family loved it including my 15 mos old. I used what I had which was one very large pattypan and a yellow squash. Only change I made was to grate the onion in with the squash. These were a h...
I'm growing patty pan in my garden this year and thought I'd try this recipe. It was great! My husband who is not a squash fan ate three!
My husband brought home some pattypan squash that a coworker gave him. I had never seen them before. So I hunted down a recipe and found this one. My husband won't eat squash, so since he was ...
Was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. As a gardener who is often at a loss for how to use squash up in fairly healthy way, this will be a summer regular. I made the recipe as written except...