Spence's Secret Thai Red Shrimp Curry
Ingredients40 m servings 633 cals
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat; stir in curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir onion into curry paste; cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook and stir for 3 more minutes.
- Stir coconut milk, chicken broth, maple syrup, fish sauce, lemon grass, and lime leaves into vegetable mixture. Bring curry to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in shrimp; cook until shrimp is pink at the center, about 5 minutes.
- Remove wok from heat; stir basil and cilantro into curry. Serve hot.
- Cook's Notes:
- Optional additional veggies such as chopped broccoli or zucchini can be added or substituted.
- Fresh lime leaves can be frozen in an airtight freezer bag for up to 6 months.
- If lemon grass is not very tender it can be tied into a bundle using cheesecloth before being added to the sauce (it saves picking out woody lemon grass pieces).
Per Serving: 633 calories; 49.9 g fat; 29 g carbohydrates; 24.5 g protein; 173 mg cholesterol; 1279 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was good! I halved the recipe and served this over cauliflower rice. Oh and I added broccoli :)
I made this tonight and loved it! Had to sub out some things. Added more broth as I was short coconut milk. Used dried basil, eye balled it. Used honey instead of maple syrup. Skipped the lime l...