Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 239
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat one egg into butter mixture until completely blended, then beat in remaining egg, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and maple extract. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture just until dough forms; fold in walnuts until just combined.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion of dough into a log the length of a baking sheet, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each log into a rectangle 3 inches wide and 1-inch tall.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on the bottom and slightly cracked on top, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for 15 minutes, but leave oven on.
- Slice logs diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices, and lay slices on their sides on the baking sheet.
- Bake biscotti in the preheated oven until lightly browned and crisp on the outside, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven; cool for a few minutes.
- Stir together 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1/4 cup maple syrup in a bowl. Stir confectioners' sugar into mixture gradually until smooth. Drizzle maple glaze lightly with a spoon over warm biscotti.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 9.7 35 3.8 32 128 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
This was my first time making biscotti and it seems to have turned out well. I followed the recipe and directions as written. I personally need to flatten out my dough better next time, but I lo...
Good recipe but I would suggest cooking it longer the second time to dry it out more. Glaze tasted lovely, did slightly less icing sugar than suggested.
My mother because of health problems no longer cooks. So it is up to me to keep her in Biscotti. I have made lots of biscotti most of my own design. This is a very nice one to make. I did sk...
I love biscotti and this is a nice variation. I used pure Grade B maple syrup to get the ultimate maple flavor. I increase the baking time in the slices, turning them over after eight minutes...
I didn’t make any changes- it doesn’t need any!! I made them 6 days ago and my husband has already requested them again!
This recipe is going into my collection of the best biscotti recipes I've ever tried. The only change I made was substituting pecans for walnuts. There ended up being a lot of glaze, so I'll c...
Delicious recipe, but was so crumbly that i had a hard time keeping it together during slicing after the first bake. I believe it's the butter, since I never had this problem with biscotti that...