Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 50 m servings 155
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cake balls)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Beat cake mix, water, and eggs in a bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir together espresso, coffee liqueur, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir together mascarpone, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a separate bowl until smooth; stir in espresso mixture.
- Crumble pound cake into crumbs in a large bowl. Stir mascarpone mixture into cake crumbs until no crumbs remain; you may need to use your hands.
- Scoop small balls of the mixture with a melon baller or spoon. Roll into balls; place on a baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Per Serving: 155 calories; 9 15.8 2.3 38 83 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was able to make 3 dozen cake balls as opposed to the stated 2 dozen yield. It's not listed, but I dipped my cake balls into melted white chocolate, and then into sifted cocoa powder mixed w/ ...