Calabacitas con Elote (Mexican-Style Zucchini with Corn)
Ingredients40 m servings 147
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir zucchini and corn into the onion mixture. Cover the skillet and continue cooking until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Pour buttermilk into the skillet. Season the corn mixture with salt and pepper; stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking until hot, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with Chihuaua cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- To remove corn kernels from the cob using a Bundt® pan, stand the shucked corn cob upright, with the tip of cob placed in the center hole of the Bundt® pan. Holding the cob steady, use a sharp knife and make long downward strokes on the cob, separating the kernels from the cob.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 147 calories; 4.6 23.4 6.7 7 110 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I liked this a lot. I did sub cheddar for the Chihuahua cheese since it is what I had in the house. I'll be making this one again.
The Chihuaua cheese was optional so I used Mozz instead and also used season salt in place of regular salt. Great recipe and one that would be a great side dish for many different things!
My family loved this. We used all the butter, added a little garlic but no other changes. Daughter wanted leftovers for her lunch salad. Will make again and will probably add a red pepper for...