Ingredients50 m servings 404
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Season meat with cumin, chipotle pepper, ancho chili powder, and salt. Stir in poblano pepper slices and green onions; cook until beef juices caramelize onto beef and peppers.
- Hold a paper towel with tongs and use it to wipe the skillet clean of excess grease. Tilt the pan to get as much as possible. Pour marinara sauce into meat mixture and continue to cook and stir until pepper strips are slightly tender, 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Roll pizza crust into a large rectangle on a floured work surface and place onto a large baking sheet lightly dusted with flour. Use tongs to pick out pepper strips from sauce and distribute them evenly onto the crust; spread rest of meat sauce over crust. Spread pepperjack cheese over top.
- Place pizza on the bottom of the preheated oven and bake for 6 minutes. Move pizza to the middle of the stove; continue baking until pizza crust is browned and cheese is bubbling and melted, 8 to 10 more minutes.
- Remove pizza from pan and slide pizza onto a cooling rack to prevent crust from becoming soggy. Cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- I like the 50-50 rule: When you look at the pizza, you should see about half meat and half cheese.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 18.8 34.7 22.8 67 1041 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Just made this tonight. Hubby and I loved it. I used a pre-made thin crust (similar to Boboli)that came in a package of two and only needed half of the meat mixture to spread over the crust, so ...
Chef John beat me to the posting of this recipe. At least you all get to taste it Sooner then if I had submitted it! (This comment is for the AR GODS). Anyhow, I mixed a little spaghetti sauce t...
I made it as is. Was really quite good. I used a whole wheat thin pizza crust. BTW Patty Cakes got the wrong recipe- the one she was reviewing didn't have pepperoni, etc. -??