Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Cupcakes with Toasted Peanut Butter Meringue Frosting
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 293 cals
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 14 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add milk, vegetable oil, 1 egg, and vanilla extract; mix using an electric mixer on low speed until just combined. Increase speed to medium and mix well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly pour boiling water into flour mixture. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway and place a peanut butter cup in the center of each.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together in a bowl until just combined. Pour egg mixture into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Return egg mixture to bowl. Whisk egg mixture on high speed until still peaks form.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high at 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until peanut butter is thin and creamy. Gently fold melted peanut butter into egg whites. Transfer peanut butter frosting to a piping bag.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Toast cupcakes under preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Per Serving: 293 calories; 10.7 g fat; 47.3 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 246 mg sodium. Full nutrition