Ingredients25 m servings 745 cals
- Preheat grill for low heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cut baguette on a severely sharp diagonal to make 4 long slices about 1/2-inch thick. Lightly brush each cut side with about half of the olive oil.
- Grill baguette slices on the preheated grill until lightly crispy, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Rub each side of baguette slices with the cut-side of garlic and cut-side of tomatoes. Set aside to cool.
- Brush 2 cut sides of romaine quarters with remaining olive oil.
- Grill romaine quarters until lightly seared, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle grilled romaine with salt and set aside to cool.
- Place a grilled romaine quarter, cut-side up, on top of a grilled baguette slice. Drizzle each with Caesar dressing and top with Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook's Note:
- I use the dressing from this popular Caesar salad recipe, Caesar Salad Supreme.
Per Serving: 745 calories; 42.1 g fat; 70.7 g carbohydrates; 20.6 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 1554 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was fun, delicious and a great play on a caesar salad! I used 'The Last Caesar Salad Recipe You'll Ever Need' for the dressing, and I only had Italian bread, so I went with that. I wasn't s...
Great twist on a Caesar salad, HappyGrandma! We love grilled romaine and I'm glad I finally got around to making this recipe. The bread had great flavor and I made 'The Best Caesar Salad Dress...