Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 186
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 loaves)
- Combine water, honey, and yeast in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Let sit until mixture becomes foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups flour, olive oil, eggs, wheat gluten, and butter into the yeast mixture; mix on speed 2 (or low speed) in the stand mixer until flour mixture is incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and 3 cups flour and mix on speed 2 until flour is incorporated into the dough. If dough is pulling away from the sides of the bowl, continue mixing, 5 to 7 minutes. If dough is still sticky, add 1/4 cup flour at a time and knead for 2 minutes after each addition until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl; mix for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl.
- Transfer dough to greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Set aside in a warm area of the kitchen until dough has doubled in size, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Punch down dough and divide into 2 loaves. Place each dough half into a 9x5-inch loaf pan or on a baking sheet. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers an internal temperature of 200 degrees F (93 degrees C), 25 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 4.6 29.9 6.1 34 311 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1