Pumpkin Spritz Cookies
Ingredients40 m servings 49 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Mix in canned pumpkin, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and ground ginger until well combined.
- Stir flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture in thirds, mixing dough well between each addition.
- Spoon cookie dough into a cookie press fitted with a pumpkin-shaped die and press dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges just begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cook's Note:
- The second batch on a cookie sheet may have trouble sticking if the cookie sheet is still warm. I used some cool water to wipe it down, then dried it with a towel. This also removes any grease from the previously baked cookies that may inhibit sticking.
Per Serving: 49 calories; 2.8 g fat; 5.4 g carbohydrates; 0.6 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 28 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Based on what the other reviewers said, I doubled the sugar and added 1/4 teaspoon salt to bring out the flavor. They were pretty good, and the texture was great.
I just made these yesterday for an Octoberfest party and they were not very good. No taste at all and considering all the spices I thought it would be rather tasty. They tasted like flour no tas...