Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 321 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 servings)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding green pepper or peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook onion in hot butter for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour, salt, and black pepper. Add milk all at once. Whisk constantly until thick and bubbly. Cook, whisking constantly, for 2 more minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add American & cheddar cheese blend and mozzarella cheese, stirring until sauce is smooth and cheese is melted. Stir the sauce and bison pepperoni into the pasta. Heat through.
- Note: Recipe developed and tested by the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen using High Plains Bison products.
- Frozen peas can be substituted for the peppers.
Per Serving: 321 calories; 16.4 g fat; 25.8 g carbohydrates; 19.5 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 721 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious. First time trying bison. It gave this a very rich meaty tasty without the greasiness of regular pepperoni. Was tender and nicely spiced I used olive oil to make the roux, low and fat ...