Ingredients2 h 42 m servings 456
- If desired, partially freeze bison flank steak for easier slicing (about 30 minutes). Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips. Sprinkle sliced bison flank steak with 1 teaspoon of the fajita seasoning. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Cook garlic and the 1 jalapeno pepper in the hot oil for 2 minutes. Add onion. Cook and stir for 6 to 8 minutes or until onions are tender and begin to caramelize. Remove onion mixture to a medium bowl; cover and keep warm. Add bell peppers and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of fajita seasoning to skillet. Cook and stir for 6 to 8 minutes or until peppers are tender. Add peppers to onion mixture; cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Add 1/2 of the bison flank steak strips to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until bison flank steak is browned. Remove from skillet and cook remaining bison flank steak.
- Serve bison flank steak and vegetables in tortillas topped with salsa and sour cream. Serve with lime wedges and Guacamole Salad
- Guacamole Salad: Combine tomatoes, green onions, the 1 jalapeno pepper, the 2 cloves garlic, the salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Gently stir in avocado. Serve on shredded romaine.
- Note: Recipe developed and tested by the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen using High Plains Bison products.
Per Serving: 456 calories; 23.5 43.9 20.9 39 518 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I wasn't surprised that the bison flank steak made tasty, tender fajitas. I have eaten bison burgers several times in Colorado restaurants and at my brother's house. I am surprised to learn, bis...
Fabulous! I rubbed the steak in a little olive oil and rubbed fajita seasoning over steak. I grilled the entire steak and cut into slices so the meat did not overcook. The steak was tender an...
Oh boy these are amazing! I used Bison Skirt Steak instead of flank. Also grilled the bison instead of cooking it on the stove. We loved the flavor of the bison. Great way to try bison for the f...
This was so delicious!! I used bison skirt steak and grilled it instead, then added it to the cooked veggies. The guacamole salad went so well with the fajitas. Of course, we added cheese - we l...
We thought this made a very wonderful dinner choice! The bison cooks up very nice on a BBQ---quickly, too! I did BBQ it as a whole steak and then sliced it for the meal, so I had to change how...