Ingredients55 m servings 237 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place asparagus in single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly. Cut into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Cook onion in hot butter for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Carefully stir in broth and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes (do not lift lid).
- Meanwhile, cook bison bacon, 1/2 at a time, over medium heat in a large skillet for 5 to 6 minutes per batch or until crisp, turning occasionally. If necessary, drain on paper towels. Transfer to a cutting board. Cool slightly; chop into bite-size pieces.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in asparagus. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in bison bacon pieces and Parmesan cheese.
- Note: Recipe developed and tested by the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen using High Plains Bison products.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 5.3 g fat; 35.2 g carbohydrates; 11.5 g protein; 25 mg cholesterol; 579 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
We enjoyed this recipe! The technique for the Arborio rice is a little off (make sure you add liquid slowly and stir often only adding more liquid when it's soaked up).
I used the Arborio rice. The method used in the recipe is not the general method used when preparing risotto, and long grain rice is not typically used either. I did add broth slowly to the ri...
This was so good!! We followed the recipe as written with the Arborio rice and it came out great even though it is a different way to prepare risotto. Will definitely make this again