Ingredients6 h 5 m servings 263
- Place bison back ribs in a 4- to 6-quart pot. Cover with water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until tender. Drain; cool for 30 minutes. Place bison back ribs in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, combine chili sauce, orange juice, orange zest, onion, vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Pour 3 cups over the bison back ribs. Marinate bison back ribs in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Cover remaining marinade; chill until needed. Drain bison back ribs; reserve the drained marinade for brushing on ribs while grilling.
- For charcoal grill, arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place bison back ribs on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through, brushing once with some of the drained marinade; discard any remaining marinade used for brushing. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Adjust for indirect grilling. Grill as above.)
- Place the reserved marinade (not used for marinating or brushing) in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; pass with bison back ribs.
- Note: Recipe developed and tested by the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen using High Plains Bison products.
Per Serving: 263 calories; 3 23.1 34.6 97 601 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I'm one of those people who likes my ribs made a certain way (in the smoker) with certain seasonings, so I was a little skeptical that these would be good. I've had bison before (roasts and burg...
This was my first taste of bison and I invited some friends to give it a whirl also. It was a wonderful evening with everyone enjoying these delicious ribs. I followed the recipe exactly, mari...