Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 50 m servings 119
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 appetizers)
- Cut bison brisket into 2-inch pieces. Place bison brisket pieces in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Combine broth, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a medium bowl. Pour over bison pieces in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 12 hours. Remove bison brisket pieces from cooker and place in large bowl; discard cooking juices. Use two forks to shred bison pieces. Reserve 2 cups of the shredded bison brisket in the bowl. Package the remaining shredded bison brisket in 2-cup portions in airtight containers. Chill for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange phyllo dough shells in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Stir barbecue sauce into the reserved 2 cups shredded bison in the bowl. Divide shredded bison evenly among phyllo shells. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Top with sour cream and cilantro.
- * Use remaining meat for filling tacos, sandwiches, enchiladas, or fajitas, or for topping pizza.
- Note: Recipe developed and tested by the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen using High Plains Bison products.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 3.5 6.4 13.9 20 807 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The family loved the BBQ Bison Brisket Phyllo Bites. Great flavor. A definite addition to this year's Super Bowl menu.