Ingredients55 m servings 375
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook ground bison and garlic over medium heat in a large skillet until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir cooked pasta into the cooked, drained ground bison in the skillet. Stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, salsa, oregano, cumin, and chili powder.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish or casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with tortilla chips (if using) and cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon green onion and serve with Cilantro-Lime Cream.
- Cilantro-Lime Cream: Combine sour cream, the 3 tablespoons green onions, the cilantro, and lime zest in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Note: Recipe developed and tested by the Better Homes and Gardens® Test Kitchen using High Plains Bison products.
Per Serving: 375 calories; 11.2 41.5 26.4 60 687 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This recipe was really different, compared to any casserole I have made. It was almost like pasta and tacos mixed together. My favorite part of the recipe was actually the bison. I will definite...
I made half a recipe of this which served us not only dinner but several lunches for me as well. While it was tasty, it was mostly the result of my having added more spices to the pasta part. ...
This recipe is very good. I jazzed up the cream sauce (which I made with parsley instead of cilantro for personal preference) with a bit of lime juice and some cumin, but I think everything was ...
This was my first time eating Bison. I served this to my guests tonight and everyone liked it. We all agreed that the dish was better with regular sour cream instead of the Cilantro-Lime Cream ...
I used turkey instead of bison and I want to make it again sometime. It was awesome!
Great tasty and easy recipe! I used spaghetti squash instead of penne pasta and greek yogurt instead of sour cream to make it healthier. The spaghetti squash added some time to the recipe, but i...