Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 453
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Put 2 tablespoons water in each of 4 resealable plastic bags; add red food coloring to a bag. Add green food coloring to second bag. Add blue food coloring to third bag. Add yellow food coloring to fourth bag.
- Divide rotini among the four bags; squeeze bag to evenly color rotini. Set aside to allow color to saturate, about 10 minutes. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Whisk sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved into dressing.
- Mix onion, green bell pepper, and carrots into pasta. Drizzle dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until flavors blend, at least 2 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- The amount of food coloring will depend on the number of colors you choose to use. If you prefer not to use artificial coloring, this pasta salad tastes great with traditional pasta too!
Per Serving: 453 calories; 14.6 72.3 8 0 320 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Please refer to the "Cook's Note" if your personal choice is not to use food coloring :) On a related note, if you are choosing to go for the tie dyed effect, the recipe should say to use regul...
A nice change of pace from the Italian and Greek pasta salad dressings. I used a variety of garden vegetables with shell pasta, as that's what I had. I hope to have a reason to try the Tied Dy...