Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 548
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of springform cake pan with wax paper and butter the sides.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large bowl. Stir in milk, mincemeat, eggs and lemon peel. Mix on low speed of electric mixer 2 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes. While cake is baking, mix all topping ingredients in small bowl. Remove cake from oven and spoon on topping. Return cake to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with dollop of sweet whipped cream.
- This cake is a great gift idea and freezes well too!
Per Serving: 548 calories; 19 88.3 4.9 93 458 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
made it in a bundt cake pan and used orange peel instead of lemon peel. Turned out great! I greased and floured the pan before baking.
I made this as a 9" 2-layer cake for my mincemeat-loving mom's 81st birthday. She (and we) LOVED it. Instead of the topping, I made a cream cheese frosting for the layers. I cut back a little on...
Some people love mincemeat - some don't. But, for those who do...this is a delightful - and inventively tasty new use for the centuries old Holiday treat.
Easy, delicious, well worth getting out a springform pan. I used an 8-inch which seemed the correct size. Pretty presentation.
This cake even pleased family members who aren't crazy about mincemeat. I used my own canned mincemeat instead of the brand suggested. The cake is moist and very flavorful. I wasn't sure of the ...