Ingredients25 m servings 278 cals
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Stir taco seasoning into the ground beef to coat.
- Bring beer to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir flour into melted butter; cook, stirring continually, until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Slowly stir beer into the butter mixture. Add Mexican cheese blend and white Cheddar cheese in small amounts, stirring continually, allowing each addition to melt into the beer mixture before adding the next. Stir beef into the cheesy mixture.
- Cook's Note:
- To make gluten-free, use white wine instead of beer and gluten-free taco seasoning.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 19.6 g fat; 5.5 g carbohydrates; 16.8 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 572 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
We really like this recipe but it was missi g something... so we added diced jalapenos! I think this would be great without ground beef and just as a beer cheese dip too! Will be trying this ag...
I made the queso sauce, then added in leftover taco-seasoned meat from the day before. I did not try this myself but my husband and kids inhaled it, along with a whole huge bag of tortilla chips.
Yummy queso dip I made with leftover taco meat. In the future I'll use more if not all cheddar cheese. It was a wonderful texture and came together nicely, thanks for sharing.
Somewhat bland. Came together easily but definitely needs some spice and flavor boost.