Vegetable Wild Rice Salad
Ingredients45 m servings 252
- Bring water and rice mix to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 22 minutes. Transfer rice to a bowl to cool.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; cook peas in the boiling water until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mix cooled peas, artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, parsley, and green onions into cooled rice mixture.
- Blend vinegar, canola oil, and sugar together in a blender or shake in a covered bottle until dressing is emulsified and creamy. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
- Cook's Note:
- You may use 1/2 cup sugar in the dressing if you prefer a sweeter taste. White balsamic vinegar is favored over other kinds suggested. The salad may require some added salt and pepper to taste. There is none added during the preparation.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 10.9 35.4 5.4 0 634 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The directions for cooking the frozen peas are wrong. Cook peas according to package directions except reduce the cooking time to 2-3 minutes. Peas should be crisp . Allrecipe.com edited the o...
I found the original directions easy to follow...also very accurate. The finished dish was lovely and well received. Not sure why a big deal was made of the boiling of peas. Two minutes seeme...
Extremely good recipe. Nice and light tasting. I added some halved green grapes. I will definitely make the again.