Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 257
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 pie)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter in a mixing bowl; mix until evenly moistened and press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is lightly browned and smells toasted, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 3 minutes. Heat the water and gelatin in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, stirring frequently, until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir strawberries and 1/3 cup sugar together in a bowl. Pour gelatin mixture over strawberries. Gently fold in whipped cream until incorporated. Pour filling into baked pie shell and chill in the refrigerator until set, at least 2 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Do not over-whip or add extra sugar to the cream; it gets gritty and the sugar with the strawberries is enough.
Per Serving: 257 calories; 17.9 24.2 1.5 56 116 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Yummiest PIe Ever. Aunt Barbara got this recipe from Grandma Dottie. Been in the family since the 50's.