Corny Corn Bread (Vegan and Wheat-Free)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 210 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Soak chia seeds in warm water in a bowl for 5 minutes; drain.
- Blend chia seeds in a blender until smooth; add sucanat and agave nectar. Blend the mixture again until smooth.
- Sift cornmeal, spelt flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add frozen corn kernels and chia seed mixture to the cornmeal mixture; stir and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 1.5 g fat; 47.1 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 334 mg sodium. Full nutrition