Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 558 cals
- Sprinkle brisket with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear brisket in hot oil until browned on both sides. Transfer brisket to a large plate. Cook and stir onions and garlic in the Dutch oven until vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes. Return brisket to the Dutch oven.
- Whisk beef broth, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, bay leaves, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl; drizzle broth mixture over brisket.
- Bring beef mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until beef is very tender and easily falls apart when pulled with a fork, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove and discard bay leaves. Transfer beef to a platter, reserving liquid in the Dutch oven. Slice beef.
- Whisk water and flour together in a small bowl; stir into the Dutch oven and bring to a boil until sauce is thickened. Serve sauce over sliced brisket.
Per Serving: 558 calories; 36.4 g fat; 32.7 g carbohydrates; 25.8 g protein; 92 mg cholesterol; 760 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Made it the first time following the instructions to the dot. It just tasted like ketchup, that was the only flavor we could taste. Out of desperation, I added about 2 table spoons of Worcester ...
I altered this recipe by using a cast iron dutch oven and finishing it in the oven instead of on the stovetop. I set the oven at 225 and let it slow cook for three hours instead of on the stove...
Great base recipe! It would've been on the bland side without adding a few ingredients to make it BBQ style. I used white balsamic vinegar instead of apple cider, I added a little more salt, a l...