Tray's Spicy Texas Chili
Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 463
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, half the onion, habanero pepper, jalapeno pepper, and garlic in the hot skillet until meat is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Transfer beef mixture to a large pot and add tomato sauce, kidney beans, diced tomatoes with green chiles, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, white pepper, and black pepper.
- Bring beef mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in beer, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Continue to simmer chili until flavors blend, about 2 hours.
- Spoon chili into bowls and top with Cheddar cheese, crackers, and remaining half onion.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 463 calories; 24.3 34.7 27.6 79 1651 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
We make this recipe every year starting in the Fall/football season. It is the best chili recipe I have ever made-we absolutely love it. It's spicy & delicious. Only things we change is to add s...
I liked this recipe, but made it without the tomato sauce. And if you have beans with it, in Texas it has to be pintos (preferably not canned). Warm some fresh corn tortillas and you are in chi...
Great! I doubled the recepie, exchanged tomato sauce with preggo spicy Italian and added a 1/4 cup Jack Daniels Tennessee honey whiskey, three strips thick cut bacon. Amazing!!
oh I loved it and so did my family, I used one jalapeno no habanero shared it with my family they loved it too, served it with Scoops corn chips and sour cream, I used one bottle of Modelo beer,...
It was really good, I didn't use any beer but it still tasted amazing