Swiss Mushroom Burger
made it | 0 reviews |
KRAFT Shredded Cheese
"These extra-lean beef burgers are topped with grilled portobello mushrooms, red onion slices, and Kraft Swiss Au Gratin Shredded Cheese."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 burgers)
- Heat barbecue to medium heat.
- Cut onion crosswise in half. Cut half the onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices; finely chop remaining onion. Mix meat, chopped onions, egg, parsley, garlic and 1 tablespoon mustard just until blended; shape into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Brush mushroom and onion slices with dressing. Grill patties and vegetables 6 min., turning vegetables after 3 min. Remove vegetables from barbecue. Turn patties; grill 5 min. (Burgers will not be done.) Meanwhile, cut mushroom into thin slices.
- Top burgers with mushrooms, cheese and onions; grill 3 to 4 min. or until burgers are done (160 degrees F) and cheese is melted. Mix remaining mustard and mayonnaise; spread onto buns. Fill with burgers.
- To instead prepare as a delicious baked meatloaf, heat oven to 375 degrees F. Omit mayonnaise and buns; do not grill the vegetables. Chop onion and mushroom; mix with all remaining ingredients except cheese just until blended. Press onto bottom of 8x4- inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 55 min. or until done (160 degrees F). Top with cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted. Serve with hot mashed potatoes and your favourite steamed vegetables.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving:
- 520 calories, 25g total fat, 10g saturated fat, 140mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fibre, 6g sugars, 39g protein, 8%DV vitamin A, 6%DV vitamin C, 25%DV calcium, 30%DV iron.