Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 444 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and lightly grease the paper.
- Beat spice cake mix, 1 can apple pie filling, eggs, and vegetable oil with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes in a large bowl.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Slice in half horizontally to create two layers.
- Whisk milk, cream, French vanilla pudding mix, butterscotch pudding mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg for 2 minutes in a large bowl. Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Place one layer of cake in the bottom of a large 8-quart rectangular plastic container. Poke holes in the cake with a skewer or toothpick and pour 1 cup caramel ice cream topping over the top of the cake. Sprinkle 1/3 cup pecans over the caramel and spread half of the pudding mixture on top.
- Spoon 1 can apple pie filling over pudding mixture and spread 1 container whipped topping over the filling. Place second cake layer on top of whipped topping and repeat the layering process.
- Drizzle assembled trifle with remaining 1/4 cup caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup pecans. Refrigerate until serving.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 15.9 g fat; 74 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 500 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1