Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 551
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 hot dogs)
- Slice dill pickles lengthwise into strips. Place flour in a dish. Combine eggs and 1 tablespoon mustard in a second dish. Combine cornmeal, salt, and pepper in a third dish.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Dip a pickle slice in the flour, egg, and cornmeal mixtures. Place in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook the other side until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from skillet and place on paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining pickle slices. Pour off most of the oil; reserve the rest in the pan for frying hot dogs.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Place hot dogs in boiling water, remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove hot dogs from water and let cool slightly. Wrap each hot dog with a strip of bacon, securing with a toothpick if desired.
- Heat skillet with reserved oil over medium heat. Fry bacon-wrapped hot dogs until bacon is crispy, turning occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spread remaining mustard on a toasted bun and top with a bacon-wrapped hot dog. Tuck in slices of fried pickle. Repeat with remaining mustard, buns, hot dogs, and pickles.
You might also like
Per Serving: 551 calories; 33.1 43.9 18.5 127 1243 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1