Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 109
Original recipe yields 10 servings (4 pints)
- Mix cucumbers and onions together in a bowl. Stir in salt and let sit for 2 hours.
- Stir vinegar, water, sugar, celery seed, mustard seed, ginger, and turmeric together in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; add cucumber mixture and continue to boil until cucumbers and onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the hot cucumber mixture into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- This is a canning recipe. Make sure you keep everything as sanitary as possible!
Per Serving: 109 calories; 0.3 26.7 1.7 0 6 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I don't can, so I just made them refrigerator pickles instead. I forgot about the onions, mey no worries bout that. The brine tasted pretty yummy, so I hold out hope these are gonna Rock when I ...