Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 593
Original recipe yields 48 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour 2 sheet cake pans.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves together in a large bowl.
- Beat sugar and sweet potatoes in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, oil, and orange juice; beat until well combined.
- Pour flour mixture into potato mixture and beat for 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl twice. Pour batter into prepared sheet cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- This cake is sweet enough not to ice, but is delicious with cream cheese icing. I've added crumbled bacon to this recipe, too, for a funky bacony twist.
Per Serving: 593 calories; 20.5 96.8 7.4 62 627 Full nutrition