Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 171 cals
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cucumbers, chicken broth, dill weed, salt, and pepper into onions. Cover saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour cucumber soup mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Pour pureed soup into a container, and whisk in heavy cream. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate soup until completely chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- For best results, prepare this soup 2 days ahead of time to fully develop the flavors.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 15.1 g fat; 8.4 g carbohydrates; 2.3 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 408 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I thought it was really good. It was time consuming pitting the cucumbers, but ultimately worth it.
Not bland at all! I did modify a bit the second time around. It'snot tasteless, it has a delicate flavour. Anyways, 5 stars!